- We start our walk in the charming Old Town – visit the houses, taste some local wines and rakia, visit some galleries in the Old Town and buy local artists’ artworks, walk and repeat.
- If you’re in town in the summer don’t miss the chance to see an opera or a performance at the Ancient amphitheater. I simply love it and never miss a visit while in Plovdiv.
- Walk back to the modern city and have a coffee and Turkish sweets at the Dzhumaya cafeteria just in the Dzhumaya Mosque.
- Continue the sightseeing tour and visit the Roman Stadium – it is so big, there once have been lions, gladiators battles and sailing competitions.
- Shopping – the street above the Roman stadium is packed with shops 🙂
- Have lunch at Kapana district. I recommend the restaurant called Pavaj (they have many traditional dishes but with a contemporary touch), the Peruvian-Bulgarian fusion dishes at and try some fantastic street food meals at MultiCulti.
- Get lost in Kapana and see many local artists and their works.
- Go back to your hotel and get refreshed and ready for some nightlife in Piano bar Quattro. Use this link to get the cheapest price: http://www.hotelscombined.com/Place/Plovdiv.htm?a_aid=141285
- Wake up and have breakfast with a Bulgarian banitsa (a pastry with feta cheese), Airyan (yoghurt) or Boza (quite unusual but traditional Bulgarian sweet thick drink with 0.2% alchohol). Get your coffee at a place where they roast their coffees.
- Enjoy and share your experiences below in a comment so that other travelers can experience the greatest! And to do this as cheap as possible order your 24h Plovdiv City card here: https://plovdivcitycard.com/buy-city-card/